ESN Italy is the national network of ESN sections in Italy. ESN Italy was founded on the 22nd of October 1994 by the 7 oldest sections in Italy (Siena, Parma, Pavia, Milano, Trento, Bologna and Genova). ESN Italy is currently made of 51 sections, in 44 cities.
How we work ESN Italy is lead by a national board which is made of President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, Communication Manager and National Representative. The board is also supporter by three committees and many board supporters.
The three committees of ESN Italy are:
- Partnership committee: helps ESN Italy and sections find new partners and funds. It is lead by the Partnership manager and supported by the Grants team, which looks for grant opportunities.
- Network Care committee: helps ESN sections with any requesta of assistance. Monitors ESN Italy and Section events to create best practices and show satisfaction. Helps the board monitor sections and their requiremes.
- Statute and Legal Affairs committee: proposes statue changes, checks local statues and provides legal assistance to sections.
ESN Italy has many board supporters, ESN volunteers who want to help the board with their skills. Board supporters are active in the following fields of work:
- Communication team
- Video and photo makers
- National Youth Forum
- European Volunteer Service
- Erasmus in Schools
- IT helper
Having many sections and Erasmus students allows ESN Italy and it's sections to organize many national events. Currently ESN Italy organizes three big events:
- ICE - Incontro Culturale Erasmus: 4 days in the capital of Italy, Rome, with 2,500 Erasmus students from all over Italy. 48 sections participated in the last edition. Treasure hunt in the city center, guided tour, video contest, free hugs! All this and more at ICE.
- EN - Evento Nazionale: the very well known Evento Nazionale is an event which brings together more than 2,000 students on the beaches near an Italian city, usually in the southern part of Italy.
- ESN ONE - Olimpiadi Nazionali Erasmus: up to 1,000 students will be able to participate in the first national sports olympics.
Other "national" events during the year are:
- ESN Carnival in Venice and Padova.
- ESNow: 4 days of skiing in the Alps.
- ESN Spring Break in Naples: a weekend in one of the most culturally rich and diverse Italian cities, visiting museums, surroundings and eating great food.
- Erasmus in School week: the last edition brought over 500 Erasmus students in 173 high schools.
- SocialErasmus week following the international week. Projects ESN Italy is also working on many projects, the most important being the ESN Scholarship, which allows 2 students to go abroad with a scholarship sponsored by ESN Italy.
The other main project is Erasmus Welcome Days, where every local section welcomes the incoming Erasmus students.